Cherry and Almond Cake - from here
200g butter at room temperature
200g caster sugar
4 eggs, beaten
200g self-raising flour
200g glace cherries, chopped
100g ground almonds
2-3 drops of almond extract
200g blanched almonds/almond flakes
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160C(140C for fan)/Gas 3. Grease and line a deep 20cm round cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Pour in the beaten eggs a little at a time, adding a little flour and beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the remainder of the flour and then the cherries, ground almonds and almond extract.
- Spoon half the mixture into the tin.
- Roll out the marzipan into a 19cm circle, lay on top of the cake mixture and top with the remaining mixture.
- Level with the back of a spoon and scatter the blanched/flaked almonds on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 mins, covering with foil after one hour if it shows signs of burning.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes and turn out onto a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Also wanted to share some cute free printable stationery! I was searching around for some printable Thank You cards and came across these lovelies by Lisa Rupp. The patterns and colours are so pretty and perfect for a little spring/summer note! I've run out of coloured ink, but will be seeing how they turn out in black and white!
|Image from http://thatshappy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mothers-day-cards-envelopes.html|